If you are reading this page, then chances are you are encountering a problem. Most times, the solution is simple. What follows is a list of common problems and solutions. Please see if your problem (and resolution of your problem) is on this list before sending an e-mail requesting help.
How do I register/post on PCQandA?
Before you can post, you must register a screen name. To register, click the "Please Register" link above the list of forums. (If you are already in a forum, click the "Conferences" link to return to the forum listing.) Once there, read the Acceptable Use Policy and click the "Accept" button. Finally, fill out the registration form. Please note: It is important that you enter in a valid e-mail address. Your initial password will be e-mailed to you. If an invalid e-mail address is entered, you will not get this password and will be unable to log in.
I forgot my password. How can I retrieve it?
The log in page contains a link to a password retrieval page. Simply enter in your username and e-mail address and your password will be e-mailed to you.
I've changed e-mail addresses since I last logged on and I've forgotten my password. How can I retrieve it?
If you can still access your old e-mail account, use the password retrieval system as described in the previous question. If not, send an e-mail to email@example.com
detailing the situation.
I try to log in or register and it keeps taking me back to the same page. What's going wrong?
First of all, make sure you have cookies enabled. In Internet Explorer 5.x, you can do this by going to Tools->Internet Options. Next, go to the Security tab and click on the Custom Level button. Now find the Cookie settings and set those to either Enable or Prompt. In Internet Explorer 6, go to Tools->Internet Options and then to the Privacy tab. Next, click on the Edit button and enter "pcqanda.com" (without the quotes). Finally, click the Allow button.
If you are still having problems, check to see if you are running Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm, or another program that manages/blocks cookies. Norton Internet Security users might have to take the following steps:
- Doubleclick on the globe icon and select Options. Enter your password if prompted.
- Inside Options, select the Web Content tab.
- Click on Add Site and then enter "PCQandA.com" (no quotes) to add it to the sites list.
- Highlight "PCQandA.com" in the sites list and then select Global Settings tab on the right.
- Beneath "Information about visited sites", uncheck the box labeled "Use default settings", then manually set to "Permit".
- If Privacy Control is set at Default Level, then click OK to exit Options and you're done.
- If Privacy Control is set at Custom Level and Cookie Blocking is set at "High: Block cookies":
- With PCQandA.com still highlighted, select User Settings tab on right;
- Beneath Cookies, uncheck "Use Privacy settings" and then manually set to "Permit".
- Click OK to exit Options and you're done.
This page didn't answer my problem!
If you are still having problems, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
detailing the problem.